Friday, March 6, 2015

Why this Blog?

Writing an autobiography has been on my mind for last couple of years. If I do not publish the words written in my diaries since class VI, then I would do injustice to the very habit of diary writing- this is how I position myself in the mental debate of whether or not penning down my autobiography.
My frequent visit to the Oxford center for Life-Writing at Wolfson College, the personality cult of Homen Borgohain with his superbly written autobiographies, the published diaries of Bhabendra Nath Saikia, the visit to Anne Frank's hidden place in Amsterdam, and most importantly the closure of my secret blog on my failed (fortunately!) MBA voyage have earnestly prompted me to initiate 'something' towards a future autobiography. I have also realized that I am not critically analyzing myself these days as there is not a 'store-house' to safely keep my written analysis.
Hence, I decided to start another secret and unpublished web blog, and 'For An Autobiography' is just the output. Though the decision was taken during Oxford days accompanied by a few writeup, the on-internet creation of the blog took some time. 
I must mention this blog itself should not be considered an autobiography; rather this will assist me whenever I would sit down to start writing an autobiography (hopefully) in future. I will use the 'Labels' effectively from beginning as this blog is expected to have many posts. Though I have not been able to sketch a rough structure of my autobiography (even after heavy research), proper structuring of the blog will ease my future effort.

All the best dear future autobiographer Manjit Nath.

Regards,
Manjit
6th March, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment