Friday, March 13, 2015

27th June 2014 - Leaving Oxford by bus


7-42 PM:
I am inside the bus from Oxford to London- my last journey by the OxfordTube. On this last day I applied the UNDP job and promised to Oxfordshire that I will be back for graduation in November if I get that job. In fact, I was to leave Oxford tomorrow; but the loneliness of my room and the place were killing me. Somehow I just wanted to get out of the place. I was feeling so so alone. 
Just after entering OxfordTube(Snap by Anjul)


I remembered Aizawl- there were no Pranjal or Shamim to look up to. But Anjul and Faissal did show up and helped me do the final packing, carry the stuffs to the bus station and took some last snaps. 

May be it is human expectation that I want Oxford to feel some void as I am leaving. But the scene is completely different in case of a place like Oxford. People come here to go out one day. Oxford has seen generations entering and leaving. I am just one of them. Hence, I should not feel bad at all.

I am remembering my last bus trip from Aizawl to Guwahati. It was nice because I knew somebody will receive me in Guwahati and then I will head back home. In this case, I am going to a new country, no phone, no internet and to a place whose keys are with the reception of a hotel- uncertainty at its peak. 

But BSG has taught me how to handle this. In fact, I am looking forward to the evening of tomorrow when I will land in Amsterdam; I am sure something will go terribly wrong.

I have not been able to ‘enjoy’ the farewell to Oxford as I am due with two assignments; and believe me, I have not started single line until now. This is a big learning for me- never procrastinate things when you have something like ‘starting a new phase’ of life. To be honest, I am quite worried about the two assignments. These two have also ruined my last days in Oxford. I am so sorry for letting this happen- this is all my fault. I could have managed the situation differently.

I have small belonging
I will be staying with Alex tonight before boarding the bus tomorrow morning. I have exchanged around 280 Pound to euro, but have no idea how much will I need. OK, let's not think all these now. My blood pressure boils up. To be frank, I am so poor in managing shifting; I need to improve in this area. I should get used to smooth transitions. I hope things will be far better in future.

Bless me God! Bless me so that I can come back to oxford for graduation. I am ready to start a new phase of life, but want to start the phase with the seed put in oxford. 

Oxford- you have been amazing and a life changing experience for me. If I have to think of going back to student life again, I know where I should be! Thank  you.

Thank you for everything !

8-02 PM : on the bus still, about to reach Shephard Bush!

(Alex came to the bus stoppage to receive me and I stayed the night at Alex's place that day. And yeah, something actually went terribly wrong once I arrived Amsterdam)

No comments:

Post a Comment