I have no memory of being under the direct influence of astrology at any point of my life. The oldest memory - while travelling from Guwahati to Silchar for the AIEEE counselling, Maa gave me a ring (see picture). Fortunately after a few hours, I got NIT Durgapur- CSE and that ring got a significant amount of credit. I don't remember since when I stopped wearing that ring. Maa brought another ring (of Gold this time) after seeing my pathetic situation at Microsoft. However, I don't wear any ring now a days.
![]() |
| Showing the rings I possess, but do not wear |
While in Aizawl, first time I visited an astrologer in Abhayapuri as Maa and Dada insisted. He was Master degree holder and his calculation arouse my curiosity for astrology for the first time. During the 1.5 years of volunteering, I met an astrologer from Bakaitari twice- first he came our home; next time I and Arup visited him. After the two conversations, I was convinced that there is more to astrology than blank superstition. Meanwhile, I developed my own definition of astrology- 'it is a tool which can help you take a decision when you are stuck at 50-50 scenario'.
Recently I was referred to an astrologer Mr. Ashesh Kumar by Xomidhan core team member- Kavita Jitani. He sits at West Bengal, but provides online/phone service if given the birth date and time. I was not hesitant to pay Rs. 500/- as I was in experimentation mood. After reading his report (which I will write next) I decided this is worth tracking in an autobiography blog.
Seeing the future is the most amazing thing that human can think of. This is why anything related to that domain should get a position in any life tracker. I hope I have made enough justification why I am including Astrology as a separate category in this autobiography blog.
If ever in future, I realize that astrology is influencing my decisions more than my brain & mind, I would be out of this experiment. Because, I believe, that would be the first step of supporting cult like with witch-hunting.

No comments:
Post a Comment