Hello world, I have become 42 today. Still surviving - only one hospitalisation, one marriage, one kid, one car, no house, no published book, several non-profits, several jobs (and gap periods), several good people around and still studying.
![]() |
| With Majoni & jibon logori |
I spent crazy last 72 hours. The reason was tax return filing in ITR2 format including schedule FA and FSI- something I was doing for the first time, all by myself. It surely pumped up my self confidence in the financial jungle at the cost of some sleepless stressful hours. Finance and Health are the two sectors I am focussing a lot post 40. However, I have realised- the more I believe about knowing something, the more things pop up that I am unaware of. This learning will continue, but I need to put a structure into it. With the payment of nine lakh as annual tax, I have to be more methodical. In case of health, I am doing better than finance, I believe. The recent liver fibroscan result showing my fatty liver coming down from grade 2 to grade 1 has given me so much joy.
Professional life is at peace currently. In fact, first time I have realised that one can work at such a stressless atmosphere. The only problem here is that I am 'only 42', and still have the 'josh' of taking up something complex which is more worthwhile that may led me to something extra-ordinary which I dreamt of at point of time in career. The recent application for IIE- Director is towards that direction. I have become extremely choosy in applying for opportunities these days. On a personal front, cutting down the Shillong-Guwahati stretch in my Tezpur journeys is another inspiration for looking out.
![]() |
| Office people has been fabulous |
One of the great things of growing up is that many of your questions of জ্যামিতি বাকচ are getting answered. Listening to thinkers like Yuval Noah Harari gives me goosebumps at times. How he convincingly describes the same question that I have been carrying since childhood! I can imagine the impacts thinkers/philosophers like Socrates and Aristotle might have created in their times. How AI will change the world - is one of my great thinking areas of recent period.
How the day gone- I started this post in the morning. At Office, LMC meeting took lot of time. Then the cake cutting, food, I ordered desserts etc. Bah Ben's prayer before the cake was like icing. I also gave a small speech, just to highlight the 'storytelling' bit. Then I started for Tezpur at 2 PM and reached by 7 PM. Another cake and delicious Basanti pulao and chicken kosha by dear wife. Life is good!


No comments:
Post a Comment