Became father on 1 January. This is a milestone of this life. The year review blog didn't come to priority list. I started writing in mid- Jan and I am publishing this today on 19 Feb.
The highlight of last year is equally divided between professional and personal life. I must say 2022 was a super-duper year from most perspectives.
1) Joining EdCast on 4 January was a big event. However, the excitement soon died down and I struggled for the initial 3-4 months. The primary reason being the switch from public to private industry and the resignation of Arjun, followed by the forced attempt to make me the director of FutureSkills Prime(FSP) project. I remember the desperate calls I made to explore different options, more in Assam and outside India, but not again to NSDC (remember how painful was re-applying to NeGD). I am not sure whether that emotion would have continued for long; but there comes the big personal news and a huge decision. The subsequent acquisition by Cornerstone on Demand (CSoD) exposed me to a completely new domain of professional experience. There were both good and bad, with more weightage towards good. While adamant people like Anupma/Snigdha, appraisal discussion with Sonal, irritating talk with Harsh, Pramod's irrational asks, Shuja's behavioural issues, Mukesh's ask to visit Nasscom office regularly were not so good, the discussion on M3 and DVF, recruiting Mayank, Rahul, Aarohi and Payal, get together at NASSCOM office, work on Marketplace revenue model, EdCast's approval on my WFH, knowledge on compliances were good memories. To be honest, the relocation approval from Delhi to Assam is one thing for which I am ready to forgive all 'bad' things of EdCast/CSoD.2) The confirmation of a 'life' inside Nina's womb was an amazing moment. The failed efforts since 26 Jan, PregaNews showing double tick on 10 May, then the Kerala trip with 50% confirmation (blood
report says YES, ultrasound says NO), then the final sonography on 31 May, and breaking the news to everyone on 1 June-wow! The health issues with Nina and the apprehensions before our big decision to relocate to Assam were two critical points. I am so thankful to God for a conducive atmosphere at office which enabled me to relocate. Life is so humble (even career aspirations are- which is a worry at times) and simple in this part of the country. The last 10 days of the year were spent in the preparation and decisions of Nina's delivery. Lot of knowledge alongside as well. All the decisions have been positive; 2022 was great.3) On creativity front, 2022 was great. I made substantial progress on A2O writing. This started after the 3 May call with Niluptal and the 'josh' I got. I started enjoying the writing-first on paper and then on laptop. I completed the first part and in the middle of second part. I even had a chat with Dr. Rubul Mout. The last year's diary contains multiple pages on my writing approaches of A2O- my problems, decisions, conversations with multiple people who have writtenautobiography etc would be valuable later. The year was great from other creative perspectives as well. The গৰিয়সী initiative was a time-consuming but valuable task. The article for Platinum Jubilee is another important task accomplished in last year. The article for Agia College Silver Jubilee, the presentation at AFGB, my name in Newspaper for Google Translator thing, the moderator's task at the ILO RPL MOOC session, the presentation at BSG's 10-year celebration on Skill Impact Bond, presentation at the Lakhipur College- all were nice events to remember. I did manage to read quite a few books as well. In fact, I started the 'Excel for reading books' and Facebook album last year. I am so glad that I could manage time for all these activities last year. I must mention I have started 'Original Zing' to capture all the original creation of my human life on earth in this year. This is an ambitious initiative and I must continue this.
4) On financial/investment front, 2022 was good. After CSoD, my remuneration got a huge leap. My craziness for buying land and finally settling down with the Dudhnoi NH side land was a big accomplishment. Opening the Nischit Samridhi was a big decision as well; the fruit of this step maybe realized 8 years later. The discovery of the land records (bought by Deuta) on Basundhara2.0 was another important event. And yes, the 2nd floor construction and the home loan arrangement was a favorable event for my personal finance management.
5) People: Starting with the EdCast people, I got a new circle from my professional life- Arjun, Mukesh, Jayanta, Anupma, Deepali, Sonal, Atul, Nishchae and all other; significant people I lost- Ajit mama, Arjun Samaguri and Preeti Singh. Rejuvenated the relationship with Venkat, Shyamsundar, Nilu, Subhojit(Kaku), Dhiramoni's husband, Mukibul Da. New people-- Dharmendra rent, Xalita, Doli, Anjan Sarmah, Kuwali, Monikuntala Baideu and Borbhuyan Sir, Asha Ranjit, Mukund Kalita (transformer guy), Bikram solmari land, Rubul Mout etc.
6) Travel: The loss of money, time and heart for not being able to go for the BSG reunion thing will stay with me forever. I started late (middle class Manjit), but not that late if usual cycle of UK visa approval continued. In spite of being an organizing committee member and submitting the registration fee, I could not manage to travel. I feel bad even thinking about this. Lesson- start early. The definition of travel also changes from this year. Travel from NCR-- Sariska tiger reserve, 2 home trips (first 15-day and then Bihu trip), Haridwar-Rishikesh trip, Kerala trip for Ruble's marriage with 'newton' inside and finally the relocation transit. In the second part of the year travel meant-- Guwhati trips 3-4 times, Delhi trips (Sept, Dec) and Gauripur trip for Nina's project work. I need to change the travel expense column now with new meaning.
7) Other important personal, family and public events: Launch of Xomidhan book 1 January'22, Bou getting government job finally, heavily engaged Under the Sal tree festival with multiple meetings with people, Experiment with Terrot card with Nina's friend, the daily massage for Nina for her backpain (new thing for me), knowledge & research on stem cell, land registration and autobiography writing etc.
On family level, Dada's illness (spondylitis) and his family issues are worrisome signs. Maa, not considering her irrational behavior, is doing fantastic on public front by becoming president of Lekhika Xomaroh Agia branch. Moina becoming pregnant and her transfer to Itanagar are noteworthy events. Nina has an awesome year with multiple workshops, 26 January, invited dance events and NEZCC project etc.
In Public field, Worldcup football, launch of Agnipath scheme, AAP winning Punjab election, release of movies such as KGF and RRR, HBS's aggressive policies dominated the last year.
8) Important Dates: 20feb(platinum meeting, Madhusmita wedding), 28feb(deuta-in-law getting 58K via Mediclaim), 11 March(finalizing Dudhnoi land), 12 March(Swati's place get together), 16 march (CSoD acquired Edcast), 5apr(land e-panjeeyan), 10Apr(LOY, workshop), 22 Apr(GMR presentation), 3 May(Google translate), 25 May(CSoD launch day), 2 June(all approvals taken for relocation), 26june(last day at Delhi), 7 Aug(panchamrit), 27 Aug(nezcc prog), 8 Sept( loan got sanctioned), 5oct(xaat diya on dosomi day), 23 Oct(net worth calculated), 24 Nov( pregnancy photo shoot), 2 Dec(book launch of nilutpal at Guwahati).
9) Expectation for next year- I hope to work from home until I get bored. Maybe the renewal discussion of FSP will initiate some changes at my level as well. I want the baby to start solid food. Maybe some real estate investment, if possible. On family front, Dada will buy a flat and get transferred; Moina will become a mother. Maa's health should continue as it is. Biggest joy will come if Nina can start her PhD.
----

.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment