So, something amazing happened on 12nd April. In fact, I
planned for long to make that happen. I felt good that my last one-month effort
eventually yielded the desired result. But there were reasons to be sad as well.
Do you remember the National Project Manager role of UNDP,
the talk with the MP Kamakhya Tasa etc? The grudge against UNDP had always been
there. Maybe that is a reason why I want to know more about them; maybe to
find something bad and comfort myself. After writing the volunteering blog, I
emailed to UNV people and also posted on their Facebook page via Kamal’s
account. The apparent result was quick when Narendra Mishra commented, but I
was expecting a concrete conversation.
Then Digital India youth affairs role came to my rescue. I
made the first phone call and scheduled the first meeting in the name of
exploring opportunities for collaboration, of course, after convincing my
supervisors. The first meeting happened at UNDP office where I deliberately
brought the topic of “Strengthening NYKS and NSS” project. And, finally on 12
April, I got the invitation for a meeting with the project team, and guess
what, from the National Project Manager herself.
![]() |
| Things that are keeping me busy- Second phase of house construction |
I was excited. I had to pre-pone the meeting so that I myself
can attend before going home for bihu. I wanted to see who has been recruited, and probably wanted to compare with myself. After the Twitter fiasco, though sad, I
was quite appreciative of Twitter’s choice. But based on the worldwide poor
feedback on UNDP recruitment, I was apprehensive.
And, I was right. A totally unimpressive, little older then
my age, non-approachable lady welcomed us. In fact, welcome would be wrong word, because, when I found her desk inside the chaotic, dark and gloomy building of
NYKS, she looked totally lost.
Let me not write further details how she served us tea,
steered the discussion – all crap! I was mostly silent during the whole meeting
except asking a few irrelevant questions just to understand the IQ and EQ level of that lady.
My takeaway- there is no concept called equal opportunity.
The world is not a plain level playing field , it is uneven with unequal
opportunity. Somebody calls this luck factor as well. Hence, there is no reason
to question your ability after a failure; You fail not because of your fault,
rather that was the call of time.
On positive side, meeting that lady gives me the confidence
that I can do anything. I think I am at such a point of my career/life, where
any damn assignment is doable for me. In
fact, if I don’t accept, there is none. It gives me a strong feeling of being
responsible.
The post-election big plan is ON. I believe I must go ahead
with that. To fuel me up, suddenly Himalay Sharma episode has also happened.
Though I doubt whether BJP will come to power, that shouldn’t matter.
Life is a cycle, isn't it?
This reminds me of the crap people in Microsoft as well. I
have not still forgiven them. I am sure there will be opportunities of encounter in future. Will I still be playing the revenge card or will I collaborate with
them (if necessity arises) for a nicer outcome? I don’t know—war between head
and heart ?
Before ending this post, things that are keeping me busy—the
starting of second phase of home construction (I am on home-bound flight writing
this post), university workshop and VMS work at office, preparation for facing
Delhi summer, IMO with Trishna and wait for the election result. See you soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment