Thursday, January 28, 2016

28th January 2016 - one month in Delhi

So, today I completed one month of staying in Delhi and tomorrow I will complete one month at office. Everything is fine until now, there is positive vibe all around. I have no complaint to make as such. In fact, I am thankful for what has been bestowed upon me by time.

The first five days were well spent in searching for rented places. I feel myself lucky that I got the place comparatively faster and without anyone's help. The rent amount is on a bit higher side than I expected; else, I have nothing to whine.

I was calculating my expenses for the first week. It came out to be INR 73,957/- (including airfare). For the month of January(post second week), it has crossed INR 29,000/- already.

Work wise, the first day was so ordinary that I didn't even feel the urge to write 'My first day at Office' blog post. There was not even mention of the words such as training or orientation until today. From the very first day, I was given responsibilities. Well, I love that to be frank. Currently I am handling several projects such as Ownership transfer of of the DI Portal, DI Newsletter, Hackathon,Destination Northeast 2016,  and the University Workshops. The last three are interesting for me. I also got the opportunity to attend Republic Day parade as Digital India had a tableau. The good news is that we won the best tableau among all the ministries.

Handling the official files is a new experience for me. I can understand now why files are inseparable component of Indian governance. I am eager to learn more about government acronyms related to public policy such as rule, notification, law, order, gazetted notice and so on. I hope I would be able to write something in the lines of 'public policy making in India' someday. I also want to take up a few more initiatives side by side such as organizing workshop on Free Basic, collaboration with UNV etc. But I found my superior officers are not risk-takers. I need to design a way to tackle this. I can't be just a mute spectator and order-follower.

On personal level, I met Dhurjyoti da and his wife, went to JNU for International Food festival, attended the Rongali bihu & injured by hand while playing football there, met Ashok da with his Baikunthapur contingent, had a chat with Rintu, Ritu etc. The two visits by Moina was really helpful in setting up the rented place. I already hosted Wasil and looking forward to hosting many more during my stay in Delhi.

I am also trying to start/analyse a few life endeavors/chapters along with the starting of this Delhi chapter. The blog on full-time volunteering was such a step. I assessed my current wealth. I have also decided to track my health and finances regularly as I move ahead. I discussed with Moina about her boyfriend (how awkward I were!) and the life ahead for her. She needs to get married. Finishing the house construction is a top priority now. Maybe I will also get someone to get married some day. lol!

The daily routine matches with that of Aizawl, except the study part. I get up at 6-30 AM, start towards office at 8-30 AM, took lunch at cafeteria at 12-40 PM, leave office at 5-30 PM, go to bed at around 11-00 PM. The timings are subjected to mood as well.

I am getting accustomed to the new characters such as Surjeet Singh Sardarji- my landlord, Chingri- my neighbour, the sardarji who hardly smiles at me while I pass through his shop, the street children playing in the side of Electronics Niketan, the foreigner girl I always meet near the Jangpura Metro station, Ashok Da, Kailash, the office characters such as Pranjal da, Amit Jain- my cubical mate, the lady at the cafeteria who never smiles, Sunil Sir and his similarities with Debjit, the awkward humbleness of Premjit Lal Sir, the office boys with loud talks, Ajeet, Payel, Ishan, Suraj and Sailendra ji,....wow, suddenly the whole world has changed with different personalities from all around. I love all of them, at least, as on today.

Bless me God ! I am here for a mission. I want to be helpful for a needy, and for the society at large.



No comments:

Post a Comment