Saturday, May 23, 2015

22nd May 2015 - Without an option

So, the day has come when I have run out of all my options. I played my last and 'almost certain' two cards- JSPG and CFBI. For the first one, there is no reply from the other side even after a followup (and poor me thought the VC will jump out of his chair when he will see my email). For the second, the Glassdoor review has opened the unknown angle that over-enthusiastic and option-less Manjit was trying to ignore with CFBI.

So, where am I heading now? No clue to be honest. Here are the other status:
a) OPML- no reply after the Skype call and I don't foresee any activity.
b) Assam CCSD project- no word from Assam government. After the change in central fund allocation ratio for centrally sponsored schemes (CSS), I am doubtful how much the state government would be willing to pursue this project now, before 2016 election.
c) Word from Vikram Chand- No chance as CCSD is not going further.
d) Conversation with Bent/Alex- highly unlikely that they will want me there with them, maximum there can be offline research.
e) National Project Manager, UNDP- the conversation with Kamakhya Tasa was of no use; expecting something from UNDP without reference is like expecting miracle.
f) Talk with Lauren for East Timor: No followup from Lauren after repeated asks.
g) Talk with Rahul for BBNL and Skill Development: Negative.
h) Talk with Prodyut Bora: The meeting is due, but I am least interested.The salary component will be a mess.
i) Talk with Rajiv P Bora: Absolute non sense.
Trying hard to smile after humiliating myself by waiting for 6 hours at Assam Secretariat without success

Ha, Ha! Never in my wildest dream, I thought situation will reach this level. I could have still enjoyed this, if my daily routines were regular. The painful part is that my daily stuffs are breaking-

a) No electricity for longer hours due to frequent storm.
b) The laptop issue- even after spending 5K the problem remained, the charger- adapter is also gone, and unavailable in Goalpara after 4 unsuccessful attempts, the switch (in the board) to laptop is not working. Imagine life without laptop!
c) Household works stretches- Mistri went missing for several days, searched after traveling 30 KM.
d) Only I and mother at home, Maa unwell.
e) 'One Last Question' is winning lot of awards and I don't know how to react and how to take this forward.
f) Inverter damaged, Car broke down, pending library work.
g) The inquiry from people at Agia has reached the zenith; it seems they are the most frustrated ones for me sitting at home.

I am so excited to see what's next now for me. Wow, uncertainty!

No comments:

Post a Comment